Hotline Associate Requirements
The following pre-requisites need to be fulfilled in order to become a volunteer for taking WhyIslam calls on the Dawah hotline.
- Recommendations of local WhyIslam/ICNA unit members.
- Referrals from credible and trustworthy sources.
- Must be reliable and trustworthy who can be punctual and consistent in performing their duty in the designated hours they commit to.
- Must have calm and settled personality with sound Islamic understanding
- Must be able to handle tough situations gracefully where callers may be rude and aggressive.
- Should be able to recognize trick questions, and be confident enough to guide conversations to fruitful discussions with results.
- Must assure that calls will not be missed during their allotted time.
- Must have outstanding communication skills
- Must smile a lot! Keep enthusiasm alive on hotline.
- Must familiarize with 877-Why-Islam and ICNA processes and resources.
- Have the aptitude to learn phone procedures of virtual pbx system quickly
- Must have basic computer skills, and ability to enter data.
- Must have good speaking skills and idea of phone manners/etiquettes.
- Must have the ability to articulate their voice clearly over the phone, so callers do not have difficulty understanding the associate.
- Must have the motivation to learn more Islamic knowledge in order to equip themselves better for Dawah over the phone.
- Ability to show customer service to callers on the hotline.
Leave a comment