In a world of myriad religions and belief systems, misconceptions and concerns about other religions abound. Such misconceptions can be dangerous as they lead to hostility, and are one of the root causes of conflicts.
Religious hostility can be greatly diminished, if not completely eliminated, if we make a sincere attempt to understand the “other”. The alarming level of religious hostility in the world, and its subsequent manipulation by political forces, has made interfaith dialogue the need of the hour.
The most misunderstood faith that is practiced by over 1. 5 billion in the world is Islam. In an age when popular stereotypes of Muslims are undermining a faith and an entire civilization, explaining and clarifying their religion is a moral obligation on Muslims. WhyIslam.org hopes to fulfill this obligation through this compilation of answers to the most common concerns about Islam.
In doing so, it is hoped that the truth about Islam would have been conveyed in conformance to the highest standards of dignified discourse.
- Do you suggest any further readings?
- Why does Islam permit polygamy?
- Why do women in Muslim countries not have the same rights as women in the West, such as rights for education and employment?
- Why do Muslim women veil themselves?
- 3.3. Why did Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) marry a child, Aisha? Is that not illegal?
- Why did Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) limit his followers to four wives, while he had more than this?
- How can Muhammad (pbuh) be considered a true prophet, when he married so many women?
- Was Islam Spread By the Sword?
- Why are Muslims not condemning terrorist acts?
- What about verses in the Qur’an that encourage you to kill non-believers wherever you find them?